General terms and conditions
Ezeldijk 14, letterbox 1
013/29 62 15
- These general terms and conditions – which will be adjusted from time to time -relate to all services made available online, via e-mail or phone - directly or indirectly (through our suppliers). By visiting our website, looking at the pages, using it and/or making a reservation, you acknowledge and agree to have read, understood and agreed with below general terms and conditions (including the privacy statement).
- Each reservation is instantly payable in cash at the moment of reservation, barring any other stipulations recorded in the agreement or quote.
- In the absence of immediate payment of the reservation or invoice on the due date, a 10% interest as well as a 10% fixed compensation on the invoiced amount (with a minimum of 75 Euros) will be claimed by operation of law and without notice of default.
- Client will not make a claim to price reductions, nor any retention right or settlement on the payment of invoices and/or reservations, unless specifically agreed upon.
- Be-Housing reserves the right to suspend its performance without warning or notice of default in the event of an unpaid reservation and/or invoice. This also applies to ongoing performances and/or rental agreements. Be-Housing reserves the right to hold back all goods present in the apartments until further guarantee of payment of the due amounts and to deny access to the rented apartment(s).
- Services offered
- Be-Housing will always strive to perform its services to the best of its ability.
- By making a reservation at one of the Be-Housing residences, you enter into a rental contract with Be-Housing. Be-Housing offers room-related stays and holiday homes which are registered with or recognized by Toerisme Vlaanderen.
- You always rent a room, studio or apartment in the state they are in. All posted or advertised photos are merely indicative and shall not give rise to any rights.
- Cancellation terms
Various cancellation terms may apply to the Agreement between Be-Housing and Client, depending on the rate chosen by client:
- Refundable rate:
- You have opted for a flexible rate which implies that you can cancel free of charge up to 24 hrs prior to arrival. If the paid reservation value was already paid this will be refunded in full. In case of a no-show, 100% of the reservation value will be borne by Client which means that cancellation costs are owed at a rate of 100% of the price of the cancelled reservation(s). Be-Housing is not liable for possible exchange losses.
- Non-Refundable rate:
- You have opted for the cheapest rate. This implies, however, the absence of flexibility in terms of the reservation(s). The full amount should be paid in advance in order to guarantee your booking. In the event of cancellation, change or no-show, the cancellation costs will be 100% of the cancelled reservation(s).
- Refundable rate:
- Cancellations, changes and/or additional bookings
- Each change, additional booking or cancellation must be communicated to Be-Housing via email ( firstname.lastname@example.org ). These adjustments are subject to availability and are only definitive after a written confirmation from Be-Housing. Price adjustments apply, considering the going rate at that time.
- Early departure from the rented apartment by renter shall not relieve renter from his/her contractual obligations.
- Credit cards
- Bear in mind that your credit card will immediately be charged the payable amount in the event of acceptance of your booking by Be-Housing.
- Upon check-in, client needs to show the credit card used for making the reservation. If client is unable to show the credit card or if s/he is not the credit card holder, an authorisation form needs to be filled out by the rightful owner of the credit card. If the absence of the credit card used to make the booking, or an authorisation form, Be-Housing will reserve the right to ask for a cash payment of the reservation(s) and will deposit the previous charge.
- We use the Secure Socket Layer (SSL)-technology to secure and encrypt your credit card information when sending the data.
- In the event of credit card fraud or unauthorised use of your credit card by a third party, most banks and credit card organisations bear the risk and will cover all costs occurring from such fraud or misuse. In order to be indemnified you should disclose the fraud to your credit card company (according to the procedures and disclosure rules required by them) and notify us immediately via e-mail (email@example.com).
- Check-in and check-out
- Check-in is possible from 4 pm on the date of arrival. Should you however want to check in before that time it is possible to apply for an early check-in (from 11 am) against payment – subject to availability and only guaranteed after payment.
- Check-out is before 10 am on the date of departure. Should you desire checking out later than this time it is possible to apply for a late check-out (until 1 pm or 7 pm) – subject to availability and only guaranteed after payment.
- 8.3 If the keys have not been returned against separate discharge at 10 am on the departure date and if the apartment has not been rented out, the lessor will be entitled to extend the contract for the same period as the basic period of the contract. If the keys have not been returned at that moment against separate discharge and the apartment has been rented out again, the lessor reserves the right to vacate the apartment and to remove all property belonging to the renter from the apartment. In the latter case, a fixed amount of 250 Euros will be charged to lessor to cover the additional costs.
- Early departure from the rented apartment by tenant before the end of the booked departure date does not relieve Client from his/her contractual obligations. In this case, Be-Housing is entitled to charge all the remaining overnight stays including the reserved facilities.
- Client obligations
- Client should use the rented property with due care. This means, among other things, that the house rules should be respected, that the apartment is left in good condition (in the event of a default, the costs for extra cleaning and repairs or painting will be deducted from the security deposit) and that damages are immediately reported to Residence manager.
- The client is forbidden from bringing flammable, explosive or hazardous fluids or products into the Be-Housing residences, or to make adjustments to existing installations, materials or furniture.
- The electrical provisions should in no way be overloaded and fire-fighting provisions should not be abused.
- Client rents a furnished apartment – a second home – for a limited period of time. The Agreement can never be subjected to rental legislation with regard to principal residence. Client is not permitted to take up residence in the rented apartment, unless stipulated in writing.
- The number of persons agreed upon per reservation confirmation may not be exceeded without consultation with Be-Hlousing. In the case of unannounced exceeding of the number of renters or in the event of apparent misconduct, Be-Housing is entitled to deny renters access to the apartment or to adjust the rates to the actual number of users.
- Pets are not allowed, barring a written consent from Be-Housing.
- Fair use policy applies to internet use.
- Liability and insurance
- Subjects to the limitations as set out in these general terms and conditions, we shall only be liable for direct damage actually suffered, paid or incurred by you due to a an attributable shortcoming of our obligations with regard to our services. This liability consists of a maximum of the amount of the joint costs of your reservation as set out in the confirmation e-mail (for one incident or a series of connected incidents).
- In the case of water damage or fire the renter’s goods are insured for a total of € 2,500 Euros. If this amount does not suffice given a possible large amount of valuable goods we advise the renter to insure the additional rental risk against fire, water damage and glass breakage.
- Be-Housing does not accept any responsibility for damage or injury, caused to or by the renters of an apartment which was also the cause of the damage or injury. Renter is responsible for all damages that occur by his/her fault during the rental period. Be-Housing is not responsible for theft in the rented rooms or of vehicles parked on the grounds or their contents. It is recommended to take out a (travel) theft insurance when you are travelling with valuable goods.
- In the event of complaints or faulty devices, renter should immediately contact the residence manager who will try to remedy the defect. If the apartment provides for a TV, dishwasher, other electrical appliances or sanitary devices that break down during renter’s short or long stay, renter will in no case be able to stipulate compensation or deduction of the rental price. The interior complies with the norms which we have set – renters cannot file a complaint about this.
- Complaints with regard to cleaning should be made known immediately upon arrival. Should your complaint nevertheless not be satisfactorily resolved you should contact our services no later than 2 days after the establishment of the complaint.
- All complaints of any nature whatsoever should be made known to us by registered letter within two days after the establishment of the fact which is the source of the complaint – and no later than 7 days after the departure date. At the end of this term objection is no longer admissible and will be considered as non-existing. If you do not comply with these rules and terms we cannot accept any possibility whatsoever.
- Third party
- In the circumstances provided in 12.2 and 12.3, Be-Housing acts as a service provider for making reservations for 3rd party providers . In those cases, Be-Housing will only make its platform available and will not act as a contract party. Be-Housing cannot be held responsible for possible errors in content or photos. Nor is Be-Housing party to the reservations.
- You will enter into a contract with Behoc NV for the following residences.
- Ambassador Suites Antwerp
- Condo Gardens Antwerp
- City Apartments Antwerp
- Budget Flats Antwerp
- 12.3 You will enter into a contract with Wess BVBA for the following residences:
- Value Stay Brugge
- Value Stay Brussels South
- Value Stay Brussels Expo
- Value Stay Blankenberge
- Be-Housing cannot be held responsible for services provided by Behoc or Wess.